Nuns of the Dominican order
Our monastery is one of the monasteries of Dominican nuns and is liable to the Magister of the Order who is currently father Bruno Cadoré. He resides in the monastery of St. Sabina in Rome.
The first house of Dominican nuns was founded by St. Dominic in France in Prouille at the very beginning of the Order in 1206. The mission of Dominican nuns results from the Basic constitution of Dominican nuns and comprises pursuit of perfect love to God and fellowmen which would effectively advance the salvation of people.
As the contemplative nuns sisters seek God in solitude, grow in love in the heart of the Church and prophetically proclaim by their life that “only Christ is the beatitude”. It is peculiar to them – beyond this apostolate of being – the zealous study of the sacred truth which nourishes contemplative prayer.